I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Grainne from the Irish Girl in Korea blog.
I had no idea what this was, being pretty new at this blogging business, so I had to do a bit of research. What I found out is that it’s an award given and received by bloggers. It is passed around and it is a way of helping other bloggers and getting to know the blogging community more. Thank you so much Grainne for nominating me.
So here are the rules:
1. Thank and link the blogger(s) who nominated you.
2. Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers who you think deserve this award and link their blogs too.
3. Answer 11 questions posted by the blogger who nominated you and also ask 11 new questions for your nominees to answer.
4. Notify your nominees.
Nominees, these are blogs I have enjoyed reading since joining Writing 101:
- Simply Marquessa
- My Red Page
- Finkelstein & Sons
- Beyond Beirut
- Word shamble
- Creaking Bones
- Diary Of a little bird
The questions that I’d like you to answer:
1. Why did you start your blog?
2. Who inspires you?
3. Where do you see yourself in 10 years time?
4.What book are you reading right now?
5. What is your all time favorite movie?
6. If you could choose anywhere in the world, where would you choose to live, and why?
7. Do you speak any foreign languages?
8. Do you have any hidden talents?
9. What career would you choose if you had a free choice?
10. Whats your favorite type of music?
11. Whats your favorite type of food?
I’m looking forward to reading all of your answers!
Here are the questions that Grainne asked me:
1. If you could choose one country to visit where would you choose and why?
The top of my list for places to visit is New York. I love theater, and so would love to go to some shows, and then just wander the streets, and take in the atmosphere.
2. What is the first thing that you do in the morning?
The first thing I do in the morning is talk to all my animals, I have 2 cats and three dogs, and they are all waiting for me when I come downstairs
3. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging as I love writing, and felt I had so many stories inside me that needed to be written down. I am hoping to get my thoughts in some kind of order to one day write a book
4. How has blogging affected your life in a positive way?
I love the blogging community, everyone is so supportive, and I have found many interesting and talented writers.
5. If you could be any animal what would it be?
When I was a kid I wanted to be a duck, I would walk past a river every day, and they seemed to have a pretty good life. But now that I have had cats, I think they have life sussed!
6. How would you describe yourself in three words?
Kind, caring and compassionate
7. Where do you see yourself in ten years time?
On my front porch, with my lap top, writing my next novel! As well as traveling the world to visit my kids
8. The mountains or the sea, which would you choose?
I love both, but there is something very soothing about the ocean, so I think I would have to go with that.
9. Do you like or dislike meeting new people? Why?
I love meeting new people! I love to talk and listen to other people’s stories
10. What do you value most in life?
Family is the most important, and then traveling
11. If you were a character from a movie or a different world (e.g. from Space), who or what would you be, and what would your story be?
I am not sure how to answer this one. I dream of being like Jane in Tarzan, living in the jungle with my man, so maybe I will go with that.